b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, August 15, 2005

Back in the saddle again...

For most of today (and to some extent yesterday), I was feeling sort of blah: tired, not wanting to do anything, crabby. Then I went for a run. Ahh, yes, I remember now. It is fun.

It was my first run since the 1/2 last weekend. The training program had told me not to run until last Saturday. But then I sort of just didn't, so today was my first time out. It wasn't too bad. It was hotter than I thought. My knee (the one that gave me all the problems in the 1/2) was a little stiff, but not painful. My feet were really hot though, because I wore the pair of shoes I have that make my feet hot. I decided not to wear the shoes I wore in the 1/2 because I think they have seen their last mile. I ordered new shoes which are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. So excited!

I tried using moleskin on my normal blister spots. (thanks for the tip Stephanie). I had no problems, but I only did 3 miles, so I will have to wait until a longer run to see if it is the answer.

The training schedule for the Nov. 6 half (which I started today) is going to kick my ass I think. It has me running 5 days a week. Up from 3 previously. I probably will end up only doing 4 and doing some other activity on the 5th day.

Wow, this post is really boring, and I am the one writing it (never a good sign).

So here are some things I saw on the run:

A guy talking animatedly on the phone, walking along the shoreline, while eating a freezer pop. Looked yummy.

Two men writing a song. One was playing guitar, the other an accordion.

A pretty dark blue butterfly, with baby blue highlights.

Only 4 other people running. A major difference from weekend mornings.

1 Comments:

  • not boring..very informative :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home