b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, September 16, 2005

Impossible to Hide Even in the Big City

I have certain places that I go to fairly regularly during the week for lunch or pick up odds and ends. It has gotten to the point that they know me now at a few of these places. I guess I could look at it like a quaint small-town thing where everyone knows everyone, but here in Chicago makes me a bit unsettled. And makes me not want to go to those places.

Example:
I head into sandwich shop. I always get the same thing. One of the workers there has previously called out my order before I even open my mouth. That was bad enough. This time, that same worker was training a newbie. He said something to her as I walked up. I placed my order. The newbie said "That is what he just said you would order." A little creepy.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home