b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, September 16, 2005

Impossible to Hide Even in the Big City

I have certain places that I go to fairly regularly during the week for lunch or pick up odds and ends. It has gotten to the point that they know me now at a few of these places. I guess I could look at it like a quaint small-town thing where everyone knows everyone, but here in Chicago makes me a bit unsettled. And makes me not want to go to those places.

Example:
I head into sandwich shop. I always get the same thing. One of the workers there has previously called out my order before I even open my mouth. That was bad enough. This time, that same worker was training a newbie. He said something to her as I walked up. I placed my order. The newbie said "That is what he just said you would order." A little creepy.

2 Comments:

  • It sounds like a Seinfeld episode or something with the sandwich people priding themselves on knowing people's orders. Next time it would be good to order something off base such as raw herring surprise (except you would have to eat it)

    By Blogger kikis' sister, at 3:01 PM  

  • You're a celebrity!

    By Blogger ShoreTurtle, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home