b

Unpublished Opinion

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What? There is a race going on at this concert?

My race recap of the Nike Run Hit Wonder 5k:

1) It was hot.
2) It was crowded.
3) People liked stopping in the middle of the race to listen to the various bands.
4) A lot of those people didn't bother moving to the side.
5) My time was pretty okay considering 1-4.
6) I got a finisher's medal. I will post a photo of it tomorrow.
7) I saw Elvis. He looked pretty good.
8) I saw a lot of bands I would have known if I were cooler.
9) I think I saw Chingy although the stage lights were too bright to know for sure. And he wasn't singing a song I recognized.
10) I ran all of it except for the water stations which was good considering my previous run/walk training made me doubt whether I could run 3.1 miles in a row anymore.
11) I need to sleep. After I eat some of E's leftover birthday cake. :)

3 Comments:

  • Yeah you!! I just scrolled thru some of your old posts and now I'm inspired by how far you've come!

    I'm running a 5K on saturday and naturally am scared um, witless. can i do it? I can run 3 miles w/o stopping during my training runs, but will i choke on saturday? I have to stop obsessing (why are my comments on other people's blogs always about me??? sorry!) :)

    By Blogger jeanne, at 4:08 PM  

  • I am also nervous before every race and then once I get there and start running, the nerves go away. I am not sure why I get all worked up about it. I think it is normal though...I am sure you will do great!

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 4:11 PM  

  • How come the 'party' races always end up being the least fun?? Sometimes I think they need to focus more on the race and less on the party....

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home