b

Unpublished Opinion

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Absence of Crumbs Leads to Creativity

Over the weekend, we went to Costco and bought a giant bag of frozen chicken breasts. A bag of this type usually lasts me a long time. Last night, I was all prepared to make some sort of chicken delight, when I realized that, although I had the chicken, I was out of ingredients for the "delight" part. I have about four recipes that I am capable of making, but was out of the necessary components of all of those recipes.

Since I was pressed for time, what I really wanted to make was the easy "dip chicken in flour, then milk, then bread crumbs and bake" recipe. But without bread crumbs, I didn't know what to do. I rummaged around in the cupboards until I found it...shining like a beacon of light...the one and only...Cheerios.

Not really owning any appropriate cooking utensils, like one of those little mallet things, I proceeded to bash about 1 1/2 cups of Cheerios, using the back of an ice cream scoop. Pretty effective. I did my regular dipping process and the now-powdered Cheerios stuck to the chicken pretty well.

After the chicken was through baking, Prince E arrived home. Now would come the real test of my new found cooking creativity. I pretended like nothing was out of the ordinary and tried not to watch him as he tasted it. "MMM, that is good! What did you put on it?"

Victory. All thanks to my favorite cereal.

3 Comments:

  • MMM!! OMG! YOU SHOULD TRY HONEYNUT CHEERIOS!!! i think that would be awesome (or disgusting... i'm not sure).

    But this opens up a whole new world of options... rice krispy chicken, cocoa puff chicken, frosted mini wheat chicken. mmmmmmm

    By Blogger brent d., at 12:20 PM  

  • LOL!!! that is awesome. your cooking skills are about on par with mine! hehehehe!

    By Blogger Tiggs, at 1:17 PM  

  • You're a regular Julia Childs!

    By Blogger ShoreTurtle, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home