b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, March 20, 2006

Reading the Fine Print

Yesterday Prince E and I went to the grocery store and bought a lot of frozen meals. As a reward, Dominick's gave us two free tickets to see Ice Age: The Meltdown. We were, of course, less than thrilled. I tried to figure out who I could give it to, as our association with children is somewhat limited.

Today I was looking at the tickets again because I was going to email details of them to a friend to possibly give them to her brother and sister-in law, when I noticed some small, exciting, fine print. GOOD FOR ANY MOVIE.

Ha! Despite the large cartoon drawings of animals all over the front of the tickets, I can actually redeem them at our favorite art cinema! Imagine going to see a foreign language film with free Ice Age tickets. Fabulous! The best part is that they are good up to $12 each! We might actually go see a move AFTER 3pm. Actually, we probably won't, but we COULD.

Yes, I realize it is selfish of me to keep them now that I was going to give them away, but I hadn't told the friend about them yet, so it isn't like a take-back.

2 Comments:

  • I thought I was the only one that only goes to matinees now. Congratulations on finding merit in the fine print. Let's hope the art cinema's ticket taker has good eyes too.

    By Blogger Anne, at 2:45 PM  

  • Anne: Don't worry, if they don't notice the fine print, I will be sure to point it out!

    Llama: the Smart Ones and Healthy choices were on sale. I got a General Tso's one that I haven't tried which I hope will be good. The chicken parmesean and fettucine alfredo are pretty good. I also got the Smart Ones equivalent of a hot pocket, which was veggie. I had that for lunch today and it was quite yummy. I think it had spinach in it.

    Nothing against ice age, just doesn't seem like something I would like.

    I think we got 10 or so

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home