b

Unpublished Opinion

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Race Anxiety Already???

Last night I had the first, but certainly not the last, anxiety dream about my upcoming race. At least I am assuming that is the root of it.

The Dream:

I was staying out of town somewhere at a hotel in preparation for a race. Betty was also there, but staying across town. The night before the race we were going to pick up our race packets/numbers, but decided to go to dinner instead. My oldest sister was also there. The morning of the race, I guess we overslept, or maybe we had the time of the race wrong, because by the time we got there (Betty and I arrived at the same time from different directions), there was a group of 6-8 women in a runner's stance, waiting for the gun to sound. They all had on the blue race shirts from my last 5k. They also wore fanny packs. And had 80's hair. I said to Betty "This is a lame race, there aren't even ten people. Plus they are starting now and we aren't ready, so we will come in last." Betty agreed that there was no point in running this race, so we headed over to get our free shirts and then go home. Just then a large group of (also blue-shirted) runners came right at us. They all ran on either side of us (and the check-in table).

I went back to my hotel and I noticed that the maid was in there cleaning. For some reason I had a whole bunch of food in my room and she had packed up neatly for me. In really nice tote bags. I remember thinking that it was worth it to come to this race, even if I didn't run it, because I love tote bags.

2 Comments:

  • did you get any sleep?
    or was it the early morning kind of dream?
    kind of ironic that you run to stay healthy, yet it causes stress..
    what was your oldest sister doing there anyhow?
    a long lost memory from when you were supposed to go jogging early one morning and she wimped out? :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

  • It was one of those early morning dreams, some time between 5 and 6 am.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home