b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, July 11, 2005

Sickness and Running

No, not me (although I may still be stricken by the Montpelier Plague affecting a good portion of my family). My computer has a sickness. It is a sickness that will not go away, no matter how often I visit Symantec and download new virus definitions. That is why my blogging has been lackluster. I apologize to my three loyal readers.

My half marathon training is going well, although this week I will likely have to run on the treadmill as the forecast is high 80s and thunderstorms most of this week. This past Saturday I ran 8 miles. Yes. 8 miles. Actually I think it may have been longer, because I took a wrong turn and was not on the path that has the mile markers. I kept waiting to see Mile 4 and when I didn't (even though it had been about 8 minutes since Mile 3.5) I turned around. The path was packed for 8am. Lots of marathon training groups and bicycles. I will have to move this weekend's run to Sunday, because Mr. Kitty has a vet check up Saturday. It is (ONLY) 5 miles. Then next weekend (23rd) I do the longest run in the training program. 10 miles!!

Work sucks for many reasons these days. After all the recent "resignations" it has got me thinking. I feel like if people refused to resign and said "No, fire me" they might not actually get fired. I know of two people this happened to in the past few years. I figure if they really want to fire me (and they have actual cause to fire me) they would just do it. Why would they be "nice" and let me resign??
Hopefully I won't have to reach that point, but I am trying to prepare myself so that I am not shocked into silence if it happens. I think that is what has happened to many of my former colleagues. They got surprised.

Okay, that is all for today. Hope that was enough to tide you over for a couple of days.

4 Comments:

  • thanks for the new read,
    though i have to say the part about work is rather depressing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

  • i am sorry about work...that is weird they are having people resign...what would the benefit be....

    good job on the running, sorry about your computer.

    glad you don't have the plague.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

  • Not sure what exactly is going on at your work, but at my old company, if someone was just "not working out" but they hadn't done anything bad enough to be fired, they would be "asked to resign." They would leave quietly as if it was their choice in return for a two-month severance package. If they chose NOT to resign quietly, their workload would become so difficult that they would eventually mess something up big enough to be fired (with no severance, of course).

    By Blogger Kim Plaintive, at 12:46 PM  

  • Don't worry, Loyal Readers, she's going to be fine at work! It's hard not to get sucked into the mire of paranoia, but I'm sure our little simbasmom is not in any danger!
    (For the record - my vote is to fight it. that's what I'm going to do when it's my turn!)

    By Blogger Buccaneer Betty, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home