b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

It is 7:47 p.m. I have been awake for 15 hours. Yay shopping. Had a good time shopping today, although the women that were buying clothes at Marshall Fields and paying at the cafeteria counter were uncalled for. And get this: one paid by CHECK! What is this, 1990? All we wanted was a fruit smoothie. After waiting for 10 minutes while the cashier chatted up the customers about their purchases, we were informed that they don't make smoothies that early because of the fruit. (whatever that means). So Prince E got some coffee. Very irritating.

I am trying to decide if I will be able to participate in the Pippin Trot tomorrow. It is has been bitter cold here in Michigan since I got here Thursday morning. I had hope that I could use the new treadmill my parents bought today, but due to some unforeseen problems during the assembly, it will be exchanged in the morning.

6 Comments:

  • I hope you can run the Pippin Trot! You can always just run in place for about 30 minutes =)

    This is the first year that we haven't gotten up super early to go shopping... and, I have to say it was nice. All the crazyness stresses me out.

    I hope you had a great day!

    By Blogger brent d., at 8:29 PM  

  • How DARE you try and buy a smoothie at that time of the morning! Its FRUIT, dammit. FRUIT! You can't go buying fruit filled things before noon. Its immoral and uncivilized!

    You animal.

    By Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan, at 11:33 PM  

  • No smoothies? How about Chocomel?What were the unforseen problems with the wheel of squirrels? Did your older sister use scissors to open the packaging?

    By Blogger ShoreTurtle, at 9:36 PM  

  • Shoreturtle: No, part of the frame was bent in a certain way, so the bolt wouldn't catch. It was quite an ordeal that involved a mallet and a crow bar.

    Mmm. chocomel

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 5:42 PM  

  • burst out laughing at your indignation over the check writers.
    last time i wrote a check they asked for 37 forms of id...haven't written one since.
    i too was up at 430 a.m. for black friday. though i was supposed to work i bought a few things.

    ps brent d's photo, in my peripheral vision, moves. strange...

    By Blogger About Me:, at 10:41 PM  

  • I worked for almost two year's at Heck's,
    aka Hecht's
    (a May's Department Store, similar to Lord and Taylor), THUS -

    I will NEVER shop on Black Friday again.
    I'm thinking of starting a new religion that involves BANNING all forms of shopping for the entire Thanksgiving weekend.

    ;)

    By Blogger *jeanne*, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home