b

Unpublished Opinion

Thursday, May 04, 2006

More Weird Dreams

I had a dream last night that while I was having my wedding dress fitted, I was having a conversation with Brooke Shields on speakerphone.* We were discussing the implications of gender and wealth as it pertains to women in the workplace who have children. The discussion had something to do with the expectations of women as mothers and as employees. She said that she wished I had spoken up more in class about this topic. (Some residual guilt for not participating more in class discussion in college?)

Warning: The next part is about birds. Mom, you may want to stop reading now.

Two nights ago (actually it was in the hour of 5am-6am Wed morning, after I fell back asleep after Prince E went to go start working on the car), I had a dream that I saw a pony in the local grocery store parking lot. He asked me why I was running late. Then I was back in my apartment, which was filled with pigeons who started flying at me. I blame this part of the dream on Anne and her story about visiting the location where "The Birds" was filmed. There was also a nest with eggs up in the corner of the bedroom. I blame this on Runner Susan's posts about finding a bird nest.

* I just finished reading Brooke's book "Down Came the Rain," which explains why she was in my dream. I would recommend the book.

2 Comments:

  • hahahahaha! love the dreams

    By Blogger onepinkfuzzy, at 3:06 PM  

  • Brooke Shields spoke in Mpls. a few months ago, as part of the Women's Lecture Series. I was skeptical about seeing her, but she gave an eloquent talk. I walked out with a new respect for her.

    By Blogger Dori, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home