b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, June 05, 2006

The day before the day before

I had a fun time at Cedar Point this weekend with the Prince, my sister, and her hubby. I was really looking forward to playing the "Guess my Age" game. If the person manning the game could not guess my age within two years I won a prize. I thought I would win without any problems. I am often told that I look young and people most commonly think that I am early 20s. And remember that one woman that thought I was 14?? There was NO way I could lose.

I left everyone behind, fearing they might make me look older, went up to the stand, tried not to sound too mature, and forked over my $5. The man guessed I was 27!!!! I am 28 (well, I will be 29 on Wednesday!). I was so disappointed. Do I really look my age? Did he see another gray hair on my head?

I did win a prize on Saturday though. I won this game in the arcade, where you had to push a button and stop the arrow on certain numbers (both negative and positive). You had three chances to get up to 5. I won. Still not sure how. I got a Sirius One satellite radio. I might hook it up when we get the new car. Whenever that is.

My sister and I were going to go running Sunday morning, but it was a little rainy. And I was tired. So we watched three hours of "Whose wedding is it anyway?" It is a show that follows wedding planners through their various tasks. It was pretty entertaining.

On our way back to Chicago yesterday afternoon, Prince E and I decided on the spur of the moment to stop by our wedding location. It was still standing and still looked as pretty as we remembered. We got some Kilwin's ice cream (Prince E's real reason for wanting to stop). I got Superman flavored. I haven't had Superman in years. It was as yummy as I remembered. We had great weather this weekend in Michigan, so we walked along the lake while we ate our ice cream. We were going to go on a dune buggy ride, but I thought we needed to head back because traffic in Chicago was going to be bad (it always in on Sundays when we come home from a trip). I always feel like the weekends are too short and Monday comes too soon.

I had another weird dream over the weekend. I was eating something and realized that my tongue was split it half on one side. (have you ever seen people that have forked tongues? it was like that but on the side). I kept shouting that we needed to go to the hospital, but Prince E wanted to take photos of it! I would like think that he wouldn't do that in real life. Actually, he would probably take me to the hospital, but take photos of me while we are in the waiting room.

4 Comments:

  • I think it was just a lucky guess on your age. For all you know, he says all women who aren't accompanied by their parents is 27. And remember: He didn't guess you were much older than you are. That's still a good thing.

    By Blogger Anne, at 6:19 PM  

  • Dude, don't get how he got you right and kiki so so so far off...

    By Blogger B, at 8:41 PM  

  • I think I was dressed improperly. I should have worn my hair in pigtails and a Class of 06 shirt or something :)

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 8:57 PM  

  • You guys have such fun weekends!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home