b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, June 02, 2006

Guess I shoulda gone at 4?

I have the day off today (Yay!) and what better way to spend my morning that doing laundry (Boo!). But, I had a plan of attack. No sleeping in. Get up when the Prince leaves for work and head down to the laundry room. I would be done by 7:30 or so and then have plenty of time for a life of leisure (or a life of folding laundry and packing for our mini-vacation this weekend).

So, I get downstairs to the laundry room at 6:00 (that's AM). It was FULL. Only one empty washer and it had an "out of order" sign on it. I understand that the laundry room closes on Sunday for two weeks for repairs, but I never imagined that the whole building would turn out at 5:00AM on a Friday to do their laundry!

I came back upstairs and had some cheerios and some caffeine, grabbed a book and headed downstairs. By then several of the ladies had moved onto the drying phase and I pounced on the empty washers. I better head back down now to stalk the dryers.

I hate doing laundry.

UPDATE: I am sure you are all waiting anxiously to hear whether or not I managed to properly dry our clothes....I did!! Although the level of excitement never really died down, I did manage to time it correctly so that there were enough dryers for me to use. The scene reminds me of a grocery store, just before a snowstorm, when everyone is stocking up on bread, water, and batteries. All anyone was talking about was "BLACK MONDAY," when the laundry room will close for two weeks. I saw the woman down there that thought I was 14. She was with her adult daughter this time and I thought I was in for another exciting round of "guess how old she is!" Luckily they were too busy talking in excited tones about "BLACK MONDAY." This building has not seen this much excitement since I don't know when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home