b

Unpublished Opinion

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lots of topics not fitting under one title, 2nd Ed.

So my big work thing is over and it went pretty well. Sorry for the vagueness. I am glad that it is over and now I can start thinking about other more important things, like Lost. And vacuuming. I won't even tell you how long it has been since I vacuumed last (mostly because it was so long ago I can't even remember when it was!). The sound of the vacuum yesterday scared the kitty more than usual, just because it is such a rare occurrence these days. He probably thought that scary loud purple thing was gone and not coming back. (yes, my vacuum is purple)

When I went to do laundry last night, I noticed a sign that the laundry room will be closing in a few weeks for remodeling. It is going to be closed for 11 days! That means we are going to have to drive to a Laundromat, because there is no way I can go that long without doing the laundry. Maybe if it was just one person's clothes, but with two people, we would lose the cat under the mounds of dirty clothing.

I am still contemplating whether to sign up for the half-marathon in August. They said the course map should be posted on the website next week, and that will help me decide. They said it will be an "exciting, new downtown course." Last year's race was long, boring, and lonely, as it went from Grant Park south on the lakefront path and back up again.

I got my haircut this week. It had been way too long for that, too. I think December maybe? I might post a picture later. (just the back, though)

Have any of you ever been parasailing? Where? Do you think it was worth the money? What about zip lining?

I just noticed that each paragraph is shorter than the last.

Funny.

2 Comments:

  • We had a long, deep conversation at dinner last night about Lost. I miss the nanoswarm and I say bring back the polar bears. And what the heck happened to the guy who ran away from the hatch?!

    I've heard very good things about that half marathon, so I say you go for it. Good challenge. And good luck keeping up with laundry during the closure. Oh, nice hairdo too.

    By Blogger Anne, at 7:17 AM  

  • 11 days!! That would be a disaster!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home