b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, June 16, 2006

Some things are more important than hair.

Last night I had another wedding dream. It has gotten so ridiculous that I was actually laughing in my dream thinking “here we go again.” It is like the dreams I still have where I have to take a college exam in a class I thought I had dropped. I know while I am dreaming that it is a dream so I am not stressed.

In this latest wedding installment, all the bridesmaids went and sat in the first row of the pew (yes it was another wedding-in-a-church dream; not sure why I keep doing that; maybe some residual Catholic guilt or something). I couldn’t figure out why they didn’t stand up by me. Then I realized I still wasn’t dressed and my hair wasn’t done. (I wasn’t naked, I just had regular clothes on). I walked back out of the church to get ready.

Then I woke up. Originally I thought what follows was part of the first dream, but now that I have reflected on it, I realize that I woke up at 5:30am, then went back to sleep for 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes, my dream turned horribly dark.

I ran out of the church to find a bathroom. I said, “I can’t say my vows with a full bladder!” I ran down the street and found a train station. I was able to cut the line by telling people that I was late for my wedding. I got into the bathroom, looked at my watch and saw it was after 6pm, so I ran back down the street.

I met up with actress Sarah Chalke (from Roseanne and Scrubs). She showed me the way to go. We had to maneuver around a parade that was going on to celebrate Jerry Garcia. All the people on the floats had on tie-dyed shirts. Then I heard a ticking sound and looked up in a tree. I told Sarah that I thought it was a bomb and she said “do you smell that? It is butane!”*

Then I saw a big old farm house explode. It was scary. It was the kind of explosion you see in big blockbuster movies. Then I realized that the farm house was where my wedding was taking place! All of my family members were inside! It seemed so real. I just kept saying “they’re all gone! they're all gone!” I cried--in the dream and in real life, evidenced by the tears on my cheeks when I woke up.

Prince E appeared in the dream as I was packing up my stuff at the hotel. Even though I knew he was still in the farmhouse/church when I went to the bathroom, Sarah Chalke told me that he came looking for me when I took to long, so he was saved. He kept chuckling about something, which made me mad.

As I was checking out of my hotel, I yelled at the desk staff for not giving me my room free, despite the fact that my wedding had blown up. Then I had to fight off chickens to make it out of the lobby. They kept jumping on my head. I think this was my brain’s way of making the dream funny again since I was sad.


* The mention of butane comes from the part of Angels and Demons which I read yesterday. My brain is a mysterious thing.

4 Comments:

  • I don't like that dream--though the chickens jumping on your head is funny.

    By Blogger ShoreTurtle, at 9:36 AM  

  • If you're not careful, all these dreams are going to make the wedding anticlimatic, as in go off without a hitch. Hitches are mandatory when you're getting hitched. (And I'm glad I'm not the only one with that college exam dream!)

    By Blogger Anne, at 6:21 PM  

  • Parts of that dream were funny, "I can't say my vows with a full bladder!" Of course the rest was scary. Good thing it was only a dream.

    By Blogger Dori, at 12:58 PM  

  • What is funnier is that someone found this blog after googling "full bladder." People are strange.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home