b

Unpublished Opinion

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Another day, another movie...

So on our way to the lakefront path today, Betty and I happened upon another movie set. I am guessing it was for the Jennifer Aniston/Vince Vaughan movie "The break-up," but I think there are other things filming in town now, too, so who knows. All we saw was a fake tour boat with fake tourists on it. (why couldn't they just use a real one and save the money?) We also saw a guy fall out of a kayak, although I don't think that was part of the movie. It was right when we were crossing the bridge that we saw him and the cameras were further up the river, so I think it was an accidental falling in. We also saw a hunky, tanned guy in a kayak near the tour boat. Also saw someone I am guessing was a producer or camera guy or something in another kayak hidden behind the fake tour boat. He was wearing a wetsuit. He must have been roasting.

We went on our run. I employed my new training plan: Run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute. I am hoping this will get me through my 1/2 marathon. It was a good plan and the walk breaks were long enough to help me out, but short enough that when I started running again it didn't suck.

After the run, we stood up on the bridge, trying to figure out what was going on with the guys in the kayaks and enjoying the breeze. A 20 year old punk (who I am sure has a fancy title like "Director of Crowd Control") came over to us and asked us to move along because they were shooting a movie. I am sure he expected us to clutch our hands to our bosoms and say "A movie!!! Wow that is so exciting!! Tell us more oh fantastic Director of Crowd Control" but, instead, he got two pissed off chicks glare at him and move on. It is a public bridge. In my city. I should be able to stand there if I damn well please. People stand on those bridges all the time, take photos, look at the river, etc. It is REALISTIC for people to stand there. I guess realism has no place in the movies, though, because in the real world, men don't usually wear wetsuits in kayaks in Chicago in 80+ degree weather.

1 Comments:

  • thanks for a good laugh :-)
    i'll see you tomorrow!!!!
    I expect to be entertained.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home