b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, August 22, 2005

Cupcakes

E and I are always on the cutting edge of life in Chicago, attending gallery openings, checking out all the new clubs, and, of course, dining in all the new restaurants.*

Following in that pattern, yesterday we checked out a new restaurant called Cupcakes. As the name would suggest, it is a store that sells only cupcakes. The kind of store that I wished that I would have opened. Damn. The cupcake I selected (I could only get one because it was cash only, but soon they will accept credit cards) was caramel apple. It was an apple spice cupcake with caramel-flavored frosting. Also, it had a small caramel candy on the top. It was very tasty, although at $3 a cupcake I don't think I will be making this a regular hot spot. They have different flavors daily and you can register your birthday and get a free cupcake. Also, I overheard one of the owners telling the woman in line ahead of me that he went to Michigan. I hope they do well.





* that is just a lie, to make my life sound cooler.

1 Comments:

  • what a great idea!
    it makes me hungry just reading about it.

    By Blogger Doghouse, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home