b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, September 23, 2005

I must like him or something...

Last night I watched hockey. I figured I would give it a try, since Prince E loves hockey and he watches a lot of things that I like.

A little history for those of you that don't actually know me. I grew up in Michigan and watched baseball, basketball, and football, ever since I was a wee tot. We were just not a hockey family, despite living in a state with a very successful hockey team. When the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup in 1997, we were at the Detroit Tigers game. When Michigan won the NCAA championship while I was a student there, I wasn't that excited. It is not that I am a non-sports watching girly girl. I just never watched hockey.

Back to last night. Not only did I watch hockey, Prince E explained to me all of the rules; with diagrams and stick figures. And, I must confess, I kinda liked it. I like the noise of the skates on the ice and the people all scurrying around the goal at a frantic pace, matched only by the equally frantic pace of the announcer. I have to get better, so that I can find the puck more quickly. (why is that damn thing so small?) But I think I can fake my way through a conversation about it now, so I don't have to go through the same old conversation with people I meet: "What? You are from Michigan and you don't know anything about hockey?"

Oh, and Prince E was impressed with all of hockey words that I already knew, even though I never actually watched a game before (Yzerman, Zamboni, and Stanley Cup). I don't think he liked the Yzerman part, though, because he is a Blackhawks fan.

2 Comments:

  • I can't believe you don't have more comments.
    I, for one, was shocked and amazed :-)

    By Blogger Doghouse, at 11:27 AM  

  • I am surprised that I didn't get much of a response either! It was earth-shattering news as far as I'm concerned!

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home