b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, September 30, 2005

MCLE

Yesterday, Illinois joined the majority of other states in requiring continuing legal education. My first concern is the cost. I wonder if work will reimburse me for the cost? Can they even do that? I am not too worried about the time commitment; it is only 20 hours over the first two years and then it increases eventually to 30 hours per two year period. In a sick way I still miss being in school, so maybe it will be good to quench that desire. Also, I don't think I am limited by practice area, so maybe I can venture out and take a course in estates or something. But that might make me fall asleep. Do I still get the certificate if I am sleeping?

I would be interested to hear from any lawyers in other states about your MCLE requirements and whether they are manageable or annoying.

1 Comments:

  • I'm a CPA and we have to have 40 hours a year. Work pays for it, so it's not a big deal. A lot of the seminars I go to also cover for the cont legal education for TN. It can be difficult to find something interesting and applicable to go to sometimes!

    By Blogger Rae, at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home