b

Unpublished Opinion

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Steve Runner said he was proud of me

Today, I, Simba's Mom, went running. I know, shocking, right? Both Betty and I had gone about 12 days since our last serious run. It was time.

We headed out and ended up combining two previous runs: the one down Navy Pier and the one to Olive Park. We did about three miles total. Felt great.

Along the way, I listened to my favorite podcast, Phedippidations. Today he was talking about how to tell when you are over-training. He said that if you stop feeling proud of your accomplishments, that is one sign. He then said he was proud of himself for the 16-mile run he was doing (he records while running). Then, he said that he was proud of me for running. I was pretty proud of me too. Thanks Steve! If you are so inclined, you should give him a listen. I find him to be a nice mix of humor and helpful information.

Below are some various photos from the run. In the "too much information" category, I wore my little camera on a string around my neck and then tucked into my cleavage. Stayed quite nicely. Like I said, too much information.






2 Comments:

  • I love the photos! Good job on getting out the door for a run! I'm a little slow--at first I thought, how does Steve Runner know Simba's mom?

    By Blogger ShoreTurtle, at 6:38 AM  

  • Great photos! I love the picture of the bridge over the river. I've got a similar picture from one of our trips there, Chicago is so beautiful! If it wasn't so cold.....

    By Blogger Rae, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home