b

Unpublished Opinion

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I ran today and I did not keel over...

Yes, folks, you read that headline correctly. I went to the gym...put on my running clothes...put on my shoes...and went on the treadmill. For 22 whole minutes!! I did not want to go crazy after my substantial lay-off, so I left it at that. I managed to cover about 1.75 miles in that time, alternating running and walking. I managed to run a whole five minutes straight without stopping and it actually felt rather good. I will be happy when the kiddies go back to prioritizing their studies/drinking binges over fitness. (who invented new year's resolutions anyway??) I do not like having to use the crappy little treadmill that shakes when I run. I do not like having to run next to a girl who is walking 1.5 miles/hr on the treadmill and reading the label on her water bottle. I do not like having only a 3 foot square of space to dress myself in the locker room. I do not like creepy college boys sitting (that is sitting, not working out) on weight benches and scoping out the fresh meat. I like nice, quiet, empty gyms and running on the big fancy treadmill that King Kong could comfortably use.

Oh and I was going to sign up for the swim class which starts next week, but I have totally chickened out. Maybe next quarter.

4 Comments:

  • Excellent! You'll be rocking that treadmill in no time.

    By Blogger Dawnie, at 6:01 PM  

  • Good job on the run! I hope Prince E doesn't read this post about how the college boys are checkin you out.

    By Blogger brent d., at 7:52 AM  

  • Brent: they weren't checkin' out an old lady like me! They were more concerned with the freshmen girls I think...

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 7:57 AM  

  • Great job!! All the kiddies will be back to class and too hung over to work out before long.

    You should try the swim class, it sounds like fun!

    For some reason I couldn't tell if Prince E had a New England accent or Northern Midwestern (Chicago) accent. Cool!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home