b

Unpublished Opinion

Sunday, April 23, 2006

I couldn't pick just one.

Here are a couple of the stories. I couldn't decide which one to do.

How Tom and Katie's baby is like a llama:
Suri- a kind of alpaca, native to South America (alpacas are in the same family as the llama)





Why Prince E doesn't know me as well as I thought he did:
I discovered a couple of days ago that he didn't know how to spell my name. My first name is a common one and the nickname I go by is a shortened (also common) version of that. The spelling, however, is not common. He filled out an online form to register us for something and he spelled my first name wrong. He admitted it was not a typo and that he had sat at the computer trying to remember which was the right spelling. He chose wrong.

My latest "You are how old?" story:
I was in the laundry room and an elderly woman asked me, "is you a teenager?" I responded, "No, I am a grown up." "Really??," she said, with a shocked expression. "I couldn't sworn you was about 14." When I told her my true age she was shocked again and couldn't stop staring. Yes, I look young for my age, but, really, 14??? She must have not noticed the tattoos on my ankles or the bags under my eyes. Or the engagement ring.

Then, yesterday afternoon, Prince E and I were in the elevator with a friend of ours. Who should get on the elevator but laundry room lady. She looked at me, as I was holding hands with the Prince, who does not look 14, and said to him "I told your lady I thought she was a teenager, but she said she is a grown-up." The Prince, sensing my embarrassment responded, "That's good because she didn't finish her Algebra homework." Luckily then the door opened and I could escape her peering eyes. The Prince got a good chuckle out of the fact that the woman thought he had a child bride.

Contemplating running two races in one weekend:
No more story there, I am only going to do one next Saturday and skip the Sunday one. I will admit that I chose the Saturday one, in part, because the only reason I was going to run the Sunday one was that registrants got tech shirts and by the time I went to register they only had L and XL left.

4 Comments:

  • I like the elevator story :-)

    By Blogger Doghouse, at 4:54 PM  

  • That is funny. Here is a quote that makes me laugh about aging:

    "When you're a teenager, all you want to do is buy beer. But once you hit 30 all you want to do is to get carded."---Carrie Bradshaw

    I'd rather be mistaken for too young that to have someone ask me my age and say, no really, I know your older than that.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 6:09 PM  

  • Prince E is a quick wit! That's funny stuff.

    A new woman at church today asked my 45 year old friend, pointing to his 14 year old daughter, "so, is this your wife"?

    By Blogger Legs and Wings, at 7:37 PM  

  • i love your stories!

    i look very young for my age, and people are shocked to find out that i a) have a child, b) am married, and c) have been married for 10 years :)

    By Blogger onepinkfuzzy, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home