b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, April 21, 2006

Why my tongue was numb

Still taking votes for which of my stories you want to hear about. First up, #2.

Yesterday I went to get a temporary crown put on my tooth. You may recall the gross picture that I posted of my broken tooth. The procedure overall wasn't too bad. The most annoying part was the plastic thing that I had to bite down on on the other side of my mouth, in order to keep my mouth open. It was too large for my mouth so it was digging into my cheek and gums. I have started going to a new dentist and she has a TV set up so I was able to watch the Discovery Health Channel (which I don't get at home) during the procedure. As a result of the two shots, the left side of my face was completely numb, as was my tongue. I had trouble drinking the cup of water to take some advil and dribbled on myself. After the procedure, my dentist informed me that because I am so small ("a little peanut"), she had to use the child-sized instruments on me. At least they gave me the adult dosage of the numbing agent!! My face was frozen the whole way home and, for some reason, I kept poking my cheek, delighting in the fact that I couldn't feel it. I called Prince E and told him to bring me a shake and french fries for dinner. I guess I am sort of childlike.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home