b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, April 18, 2005

The Race

Well, I reached my goal of under 30 minutes, but did so feeling rather miserable. I started off way too fast and my body never really recovered. The race course went by some interesting places, which I noted later on foot. I certainly was not in the mood to look at scenery as I lumbered along in the sun. I would have liked to see the race set up a little more professionally. There was no banner for the start or finish line and not all of the streets were blocked off. There I was running down Capitol Avenue in downtown Springfield and there was a line of traffic (luckily) stopped to my left. What if the driver thought I looked slow enough to beat across the intersection?
My final complaint (I realize there have been alot) is that my much anticipated "finisher's medal" was a lame little keychain.
Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home