b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday Again

So the race went okay yesterday. Much better than the Springfield disaster. I finished in just over 30 minutes. I think. I wasn't paying too close of attention. I saw E at the end to take my picture so I stopped. Not realizing that I hadn't crossed the finish line. Got yelled at by lots of angry runners.
It was hot. And bright. and hot. And I almost missed the water station just before mile 2, which was oddly located to the left side of a curving turn. I was on the inside of the pack and didn't see the table. Then I saw someone in front of me to the left with a cup, so I had to make a little u-turn and a beeline to the table. I nearly knocked someone over, but I didn't care, because I was very thirsty. Good thing I stopped because that was the only water station. Well, actually there was one at about 1/2 mile into the thing, but I really didn't feel like stopping for water when I had only been running about 5 minutes.
The goodie bag had some good stuff. A little beanie baby kitty cat and a coupon for a free ice cream cone, among other things.
Next up is the 10k in just two weeks. Uh, oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home