b

Unpublished Opinion

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Eye of the Tiger



I had fun dressing like a tiger. One little girl pointed at me and said to her mother, "Look mama. Silly." I was redeemed, though, when one little boy say "hey cool" and his little friend said "Hi!!"

A pretty good time overall. I shaved over a minute over last year's time, but I was slower than at the 5k on Oct 2. I was disappointed by the small number of costumes. Well, I suppose it was the same number of people with costumes, but the overall participants doubled from last year. Alot more runners came than last year; I am guessing it was a combination of the nice weather and dri-fit participant shirt.

My favorite costumes:
* two little girls dressed as hula girls
* a big bottle of ketchup
* a couple dressed as a plug and a socket
* three young women dressed as runaway brides
* Betty was a skeleton; she scared me

The race was decent. I had forgotten how the course is poorly designed; we ran through narrow tunnels that created bottlenecks, pothole problems, etc. But overall the experience was fun because, well, I was dressed like a tiger. That makes any race more fun.

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger crallspace, at 7:45 PM  

  • Congrats on improving your time! Let's see the pictures! I agree with the first kid--you're silly (in a good way).

    By Blogger ShoreTurtle, at 2:49 PM  

  • Fun! I love costume races, they're always so much fun! There are a few coming up here at the end of the month and I need to decide what I should be!

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home