b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, October 10, 2005

Simba is afraid of me!!!

Over the weekend, Prince E bought me tiger ears and a tiger tail to wear while I am running in this weekend's Pumpkins in the Park 5k. It is the first ever race I ran, but last time I didn't have a costume (I was too nervous to plan a costume!!)

Tonight I decided to try them on to see how they looked and whether I could be comfortable running in them. After seeing that it looked pretty cute in the bedroom mirror, I jogged out into the living room. I looked over at Simba and he was in that position cats get when they are scared: back all hunched up, head down. At first I didn't realize what was up with him and then I realized it was my costume!! Keep in mind, I wasn't wearing a mask or making any sudden moves towards him; I was just wearing ears and a tail. I immediately took them off, but it was a few moments before he came over. He smelled me and when he realized it was just me, he relaxed. Guess I will be putting the costume on during the ride to the race site!

I decided to take a photo of the offensive costume to show you. As I was setting up the shot, Simba came over to inspect the costume. He didn't seem so scared this time. I didn't even plan to have him in the picture, but apparently he wanted to be!!


4 Comments:

  • cute costume :-)

    By Blogger Doghouse, at 6:53 PM  

  • You know that fur looks very real. Its amazing the cues animals use for communication. Too funny!

    By Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan, at 9:33 AM  

  • Thanks for visiting my site, sorry it took me a while to get back to your's. I think the costume is very cute, try putting it on very slowly in front of the cat and maybe he won't be afraid then.
    About the Scientology thing-I don't get it. Freaks!. Oops did I say that out loud?!

    By Blogger KJ, at 3:11 PM  

  • Great costume and what a cute kitty you have. I love cats :).

    By Blogger Clare, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home