b

Unpublished Opinion

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Got Water?

Today Betty and I went for a run on our new favorite route: down Navy Pier and back and then through Olive Park. We met with unfortunate circumstances, however, once we reached the park.

I ran into the park, then stopped. Looked around. Looked to Betty and said, "Wasn't there a drinking fountain here?" We both looked around some more, but it was gone. We ran to the end of the park to the other drinking fountain...which was also NOT THERE.

The drinking fountains were missing. Now I had been preparing myself for the inevitable shutting off of the water at the drinking fountains along the lakefront, but I was not prepared for the fountains themselves to disappear.

Luckily it was only about 50 degrees so I was not sweating as much as I normally would be and not as thirsty. Below is a photo where the fountain should have been. Below that is a picture of some Chicago Police boats that were at the end of this little pier we ran down towards the end of our run. It is the home to the Chicago Police Department water division (or whatever it is called).




4 Comments:

  • I can't believe they took the water fountains out.
    there should have been a warning for thirsty runners.

    By Blogger Doghouse, at 6:10 AM  

  • So they removed the fountains? That's so crazy! Is that because cool temps are approaching or just a way for them to save some $$?

    By Blogger Rae, at 6:12 AM  

  • I think they usually turn the water off so the pipes don't freeze. I am not sure the logic behind removing them entirely. Maybe they are getting fancy new ones in the spring??

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 6:46 AM  

  • Nice pics? It looks like we might have run into Jack the Ripper in that foggy park!

    By Blogger Buccaneer Betty, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home