b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, October 10, 2005

Medals are for wearing...

I saw lots of people walking around downtown today that clearly ran the marathon yesterday. (some walking a little hobbled, not looking like "typical" tourists, wearing comfy shoes, many wearing marathon shirts or jackets). The thing I found strange that I did not see ONE person wearing their finisher's medal. I think I would wear mine for several days if I ever earned one; at least the day after the marathon! This city embraces this marathon so much that I would imagine someone wearing their medal would get at least 100 "congratulations" from strangers. Maybe they didn't want the attention? Maybe it isn't cool? I don't know. But I say to all the Chicago marathon finishers, and the other runners that did other marathons this weekend: wear your medal proudly! you deserve it!

1 Comments:

  • Man, I'm all about attention and I'd get into a fist fight at the airport metal detectors, if necessary!! Maybe they're just all being humble for some odd reason....

    By Blogger Rae, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home