b

Unpublished Opinion

Saturday, October 01, 2005

You call yourself a wolverine??

I am the saddest of wolverines today, despite Michigan's triumph over the evil Sparties. You see, well, I missed it. Now, it wasn't a case of me saying, "they aren't going to win, I won't watch." The problem was that I could have sworn (and still believe) that I read that the starting time was 3:30 eastern time. Sigh. It was really noon.

While I enjoyed my trip to the new IKEA in Bolingbrook, Illinois, I would have postponed the trip (or hurried back much sooner) had I known that the game started much earlier.

So, while they won, I almost feel like it didn't happen...because I didn't see it. Because I have seen ALL of their triumphs in the last I don't know how many years. Yes, I realize that this makes me sound like I believe the world revolves around me, but really for many years my life revolved around the wolverines. So for me to make such a colossal blunder is really inexcusable. I only hope my family is still speaking to me after reading this...

5 Comments:

  • I can only imagine the horror that you felt when you realized that you missed the game!

    By Blogger Doghouse, at 7:30 PM  

  • I'm sure that your family will understand, though your brother probably won't let it go. He still holds it against you that you were born in Ohio.

    By Blogger ShoreTurtle, at 10:43 AM  

  • Shoreturtle: that is too bad. I thought my brother was more understanding than that!

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 6:07 PM  

  • Ah, it was a great game! Don't get down on yourself for missing it but I promise you that you would have been proud :)

    By Blogger Mia, at 10:43 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Mia, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home