b

Unpublished Opinion

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Good thing no one tried to reach me.

This morning, Prince E and I headed out early to beat the crowds to the Chicago Auto Show. We had alot of fun and saw some interesting cars. This was my favorite:



I also really liked the Toyota F3R, a concept vehicle.



I took the picture below for my favorite Scion driver.


We were there a couple of hours and it was just starting to get crowded as we left. As we headed home, we chuckled at the people that were waiting in the long line of traffic to exit for the auto show. They were going to have to wait to get into the parking lot, just to have to wait when they got inside, and fight with the crowds. We were proud of ourselves that our early-rising tendencies had helped us out again.

After we got home, some take-out lunch in tow, I listened to the voicemail. We had a message from a friendly woman named Angela. She was at the Mini booth at the car show. Apparently I had left my cell phone in one of the Minis. I am not even sure how that happened, because I don't remember taking it out of my purse. Luckily, Angela was pretty smart and had called the "home" number in my address book. I would find out later that she had also called the number labeled "mom." Also, for some unknown reason she had also dialed "G.G.'s" which is the number of a place we like to get take-out from. The mini was the first car I had gone to, so I had been without my phone all day and didn't even realize it.

As we ate our lunch, we strategized how to get to McCormick Place without having to sit in the traffic we had so recently mocked (karma sucks). We decided to exit Lake Shore Drive at Monroe and take Michigan Avenue until we were south of McCormick Place and then take Martin Luther King Drive back up. Prince E stopped at an unloading zone and I ran in. Fortunately we had gotten handstamps, so getting back into the show wasn't a problem. Of course I picked the wrong way up and had to fight my way through the entire length of the show to get back to the side where the Mini was at. Once I got my phone, I had to fight the whole way back through, because I was afraid I would get lost if I went down a different escalator than I had come up. Not only was it 100 times more crowded than it had been earlier, people were walking SO slowly and drinking beer. Plus, I was hurrying so much, I kept nearly tripping as my boots kept getting caught in the extra plush carpet. I managed to find my way back out and Prince E was there after having gone in an orbit while he waited for me.

Not wanting to waste an opportunity, Prince E wanted to go a little farther south and get a photo of the skyline from the southern angle. I thought it was interesting that the ladder that you use to get into the lake for swimming was covered in ice. In case you had any doubt that they water might be too cold to swim in.




6 Comments:

  • The water looks COLD! That's so hilarious that they called your mom and your fave take out place!

    I've always wanted to visit one of those car shows!

    By Blogger Rae, at 5:57 PM  

  • I also got a blank email fronm your cell phone at 11:01am.

    By Blogger Doghouse, at 7:31 PM  

  • I called you for hours! Those are some cool George Jetson cars.

    By Blogger jeanne, at 9:39 PM  

  • A stretch Scion xB, that's too much. Charlie and I don't have those early-rising tendencies.

    By Blogger RedheadFangirl, at 10:02 AM  

  • How far South did you have to go to snap that picture? It's a great shot!

    I was running up by Wilson and Montrose this weekend...I kept thinking to myself that I was close to Simba's Mom's territory (no idea if you're even in that vacinity), but I picture you living up in that area.

    By Blogger Iron Jayhawk, at 10:12 PM  

  • I think we were at about 35th street or so? I am not exactly sure. We just kept driving south from McCormick Place until we saw a spot with a parking lot by the lakefront

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home