b

Unpublished Opinion

Thursday, May 12, 2005

0-3?

A decision is coming down tomorrow in a case which I won a few months ago. The Appellate Court recalled the mandate, however, after some new transcripts were found by the court reporter who had previously said there were no other transcripts from that day. The transcript completely annihilated the issue I had won on, so the Court then took the case under advisement again. I have zero confidence that I will win on the other (lesser) issue. That would make the THIRD loss this week. Well, technically my case that came down on Monday was a "win" because it was remanded for sentencing admonishments and a chance for my client to file a motion to reconsider sentence. However, we lost on the motion to suppress issue and my client is likely to be deported. (I have gotten three calls from the Dept of Homeland Security as they have been monitoring the progress of the appeal). So another loss tomorrow will be 0-3 in one week. Officially a slump. Now I know how Pudge feels.

2 Comments:

  • Sort of weird to be commenting on my own blog, but I just remembered that the day that case originally came down was the day E and I went to Atlanta. Wow. That wasn't just a few months ago, that was nearly 8 months ago. I remember it was that day because he had the day off and came to visit me at work and see my office. Such a happy day.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 8:39 AM  

  • Ouch.
    That totally sucks.
    Keep your spirits up.
    D.

    By Blogger Indefensible, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home