b

Unpublished Opinion

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Pancakes and Squid

Since it has been at least a couple of weeks since I made myself look like a pig, I thought I would post a picture of the apple pancake Prince E and I shared this morning at the Walker Bros. Original Pancake House.



It was pretty yummy, although I was unable to finish my half. They have stained-glass windows throughout the restaurant, so my seat had a rainbow on it.



After breakfast, we were supposed to go see some cool snow sculptures, but the event was postponed until February 11-12, because they were unable to make snow earlier this week due to unseasonably warm temperatures. If anyone is in the Chicagoland area, I recommend you go see this (free!) event next month. We went last year and were very impressed with the artistry. Instead of snow sculptures, we did a little shopping. We stopped at Kohl's and I found these funny boxers that I thought were perfect for Prince E.



After shopping, we went to see The Squid and the Whale, which I will review on my next podcast. No formal exercise today, but I did go on the swingset at a park near the movie theater.

3 Comments:

  • At first I thought there were squid ON the pancakes which would be gross. Ever since the mojita referral I've been dying to go to PFChang's but we haven't gotten to go yet!

    By Blogger Rae, at 8:35 AM  

  • I've been dying to try one of those apple pancakes, but haven't worked up the nerve yet. They intimidate me.

    By Blogger Dawnie, at 12:27 PM  

  • Dawnie: It was a bit overwhelming. I definitely recommend splitting it with another person!

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home