b

Unpublished Opinion

Friday, January 13, 2006

Spring is over in Chicago!!!

Remember yesterday when I said it felt spring-like? Well, that feeling was short-lived. Today I experienced the following: light rain, sleet, heavy rain, sleet, snow, snow mixed with rain, snow mixed with sleet. And this was all during the 30 minutes I was out running errands on my lunch hour. As I was walking, face pointed downward to avoid the sharp, jagged edges of the sleet, I decided that sleet is my least favorite weather experience. Snow is pretty, provided you don’t have to drive in it, and rain is nice, so long as it is not so windy that it breaks your umbrella. But sleet....well, there are no nice things to say about sleet. Does it ever sleet in Seattle? I had a dream last night that I lived there, most likely precipitated by a news item on their 25 days of rain in a row, which I heard just before I went to bed. I think I would take 25 days of rain over sleet any day.

6 Comments:

  • its windy here in Houston today! but no ice, snow, hail, sleet! thank god!

    By Blogger Tiggs, at 12:59 PM  

  • Llama: you need a blanket in your office for this type of situation!

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 1:33 PM  

  • I guess I'll be the only one to step up and say it... JINX! You should have never said anything. Thanks, SM, you brought this cold weather on all of us. =)

    By Blogger brent d., at 2:17 PM  

  • Brent: I knew it would never last! And, while I understand your belief that I am extremely powerful, I cannot, despite reports to the contrary, actually control the weather. No. Really. It's true.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 2:45 PM  

  • Cassie: hope the wind calms down for your half!

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 2:46 PM  

  • Yeah, thanks SM. It's a$$ cold here now with a light dusting of true, honest to god snow on the ground and my butt has to get off the computer and go run 12 miles. If you lived closer I'd hike up those stairs and drag you behind me!!!!!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home