b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, January 16, 2006

Sunday Fun...(please note sarcasm)

Yesterday, Prince E and I went to Evanston for a pre-game lunch. On the way there, Prince E saw some smoke coming out of the car. After we left the restaurant, he checked the level of the fluids, but wasn't able to make an exact diagnosis. He thought he might need to add oil, so we headed off in search of a gas station. As we drove, the car temp level kept rising. Prince E would periodically pull over and turn off the engine to cool it. At one point he pulled over right in front of an ACE Hardware. Eureka! It was a little oasis of joy. I said, "I bet they have oil!" Prince E hadn't even noticed the store because he was so focused on the car. Luckily I was trying not to worry and was looking around at the store fronts. There was a parking spot right in front so we went in and bought oil. When we returned to the car about five minutes later, we discovered what the real problem was, evidenced by the fact that there was a small amount of green radiator fluid flowing in stream away from Mr. Car. Not good. A quick call to a friend determined that we should get a product that you pour in, in order to fix holes in the radiator. Luckily, we were still in front of the Ace Hardware. I went in to see if they had it, while he was still outside on his cell phone. I think the friendly folks at the Ace thought I was casing the joint. I went back outside and told him they had three different kinds and I didn't know which to get. So we went back in. After much deliberation, we chose a product and fed it to Mr. Car. He seemed to like it, because his temperature gauge didn't move from its friendly spot below the halfway point. So we went home, slowly, both of us eyeing the gauge. We made it home without incident, just in time for kickoff. Of course, then the game sucked. And we were sad again.

The best part of the day was when I decided I would try out Prince E's new hair clippers. He was a brave man to go under knife (so to speak), especially considering how awful the rest of the day had gone. I am happy to report, however, that he now looks fabulous and I recorded the whole thing and it will air on a future podcast.

4 Comments:

  • Glad Mr. Car is doing better...sorry Da Bears suck so bad! :)

    By Blogger :), at 3:32 PM  

  • I've been in a similar situation, only I ended up parking in front of a Kmart while my radiator fluid flowed out of the parking lot. Glad it had a happy ending. The 'hairy' story, too.

    By Blogger Anne, at 3:49 PM  

  • That's a terrible sinking feeling when you see the green slime coming out of the car......

    Sorry about the Bears. =(

    By Blogger Rae, at 9:22 PM  

  • Llama: If the battery ever dies, you are the first ones we will call! Or we can just use Yoshi Motto's idea and let the car rest awhile and see if the battery starts up again :)

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home