b

Unpublished Opinion

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Is ten years too long to own a swimsuit?

Today's workout:
Pool: 400 yards
Treadmill: 2 miles (run/walk)

I decided that very soon I will need a new swimsuit (since it seems like I am sticking with this swimming thing). The one I use I bought in high school? College? I seem to remember having this swimsuit at the after-prom party, which was at some fitness club, but that can't be right. Anyway, in the course of me owning it, I got too big for it, then FAR too big for it, then it fit (and I swam once), and then it was too big for like a minute. Now I think it fits okay, but maybe it is just a little small. Plus, it is stretched out a little and the seam on the side seems a bit unstable. Also, it is certainly not as supportive as I would like and when I swim fast, I feel like the strap is going to come off my shoulder (thankfully that hasn't happened yet).

Anyway, so I need a new swimsuit. For all you swimmers out there, do you have any suggestions as to brands, styles, etc? Looking for inexpensive, yet well-made, supportive, yet stylish, and bonus points if it helps me be able to swim longer without having to stop for a break. That's not too much to ask is it??

1 Comments:

  • I think Speedo makes some good swimsuits for swimming (versus most of mine which are really for lounging!)

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home