b

Unpublished Opinion

Monday, July 10, 2006

Anything for a husband!!!

I was watching Bridezillas yesterday and they repeated a soundbite from one of the women that had aired on last week's episode. I had hoped when I heard it the first time that I had just heard wrong, but last night's re-airing of the segment confirmed it.

The bride in question had been overweight. She told the camera how she had done some "crazy" things to speed up her metabolism. She stated that she had lost 80 pounds in 3-4 months time. The tone in her voice, as well her expression, showed concern about what she had done and I think her next line (had they aired it) would have been how she regretted the drastic measures she took to lose all of that weight so quickly. Instead, the chipper voiceover woman stated, "She lost the weight and soon gained a fiance!!!!!"

The lesson here ladies: do whatever it takes, even sacrificing your own health, so long as it result in a husband!!!

Despite my major problems with this show, I cannot wean myself off it. Luckily I will have to go cold turkey when we move because we don't get the WE channel at our new apartment.

3 Comments:

  • aaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

    that's horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger onepinkfuzzy, at 5:21 PM  

  • dude
    i saw on access hollywood that this show is out on dvd,,,own it now!

    By Blogger B, at 1:33 PM  

  • Speaking of reality shows, what do you think is going to happen when Benji and Donyelle are competing as individuals? They are so good as a dance team!

    Back to Bridezilla, do you think the producers and editors just hone in on those kinds of gaffes or luck out by picking such pathetic women for the show?

    By Blogger Anne, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home