b

Unpublished Opinion

Thursday, July 13, 2006

And the disappointment begins...

Tonight was my first disagreement with the judges' dismissal on "So you think you can dance?" SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE IT ON TIVO AND HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET

I realize that it is getting down to all good dancers, so it is more difficult for them to choose who should go home. My problem with Musa's dismissal (besides that fact that they rushed it at the end because they were running out of time, yet we had a useless three minute clip earlier in the show about how much the Pussycat Dolls love the show) was that it continues the judges' pattern from last year of valuing ballroom dancers over breakers/hip-hop dancers. Even though Dmitry is not that great at pop or hip-hop he gets to stay. Because Musa hasn't learned ballroom styles well, though, he is sent home.

Apparently I wasn't paying attention previously when Cat Deeley (did you see the shirt she had on that she tried to pass off as a dress?) explained how the rules were going to change, because I was surprised when she said that starting next week who goes home will be in the hands of the viewers. Crap. I suppose that means Ivan is going to win, because the girls love him. And they will probably vote off Allison because she gets to dance with Ivan and they want to dance with them. Either that or Benji will win for the same reasons. Then again, apparently they are all changing partners, so maybe that won't hold true.

Oh, and since I didn't get a chance to post on it yesterday, I wanted to mention that I was so happy when Donyelle and Benji danced to a song from Hairspray, my favorite musical.

2 Comments:

  • We had the same discussion about Dmitry in this house last night. This is starting to go the way of American Idol and, yes, once the teenboppers take over, talent will lose out. I still predict Benji or Donyelle to take it all, but I'm known to not pick winners (remember how "well" I scored on your Oscars contest????)

    By Blogger Anne, at 1:37 PM  

  • Kiki: you are making me look bad! Now everyone will think I am a slacker!

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home